Monday, September 7, 2009

Joined the Army

So when I was younger and my family was kinda tight on money we use to make this long ass trip to the Salvation Army... Now if you don't know Salavation army is a place where you can buy anything from underwear to a television set, all second hand. Meaning someone donated it, and its crazy because when I was younger I do remember seeing some pairs of briefs ready for taking.

But anyways my mom use to bring me there and say get whatever you want, now at the time when I was 8 I didnt care because I didnt know but once I got to around 10 I realized heeeeeey, this is not a good look, but I had this weird obession with plaid shirts, ask Ivy, and this place had a wide array of faded vintage plaid. But once I passed that phase I vowed never to enter that place again.

Until this weekend some of the guys wanted to go out there to buy some all white hats at an affordable price because we all knew that by the end of the night those hats were going to end up brown amongst other colors. So we get there and as I enetered Salavation Army it was just like a dream sequence from "Save by the Bell" as I was recalled rummanging through the aisle searching for somewhat clean clothes and t-shirts. My dream was shortly interrupted as I scoped a pretty vintage and somewhat rare fitted. A Toronto Blue Jays fitted from the early 1990s.



How much you ask... $3 bucks beats the usual price I pay for my fitteds. (which varies from 20 - 35)

I bought one more thing, and to make a long story short, I only got them because it was my favourite animal in the whole world. Now these fashionable dressed animals, can keep me fasionable dressed when I walk to the bathroom, head to the dining hall or walk around the hotel lobbies....

If you havent guessed they are penguin slippers. I wore em to practice and I was turning heads, and stopping traffic at all the red lights...

<--- Durango Dre --->

Salavation Army the one stop shop for swag...

No comments: